Are you using marketing emails as part of you marketing plan? Are you generating good sales or wondering what you can do to get better results?
A marketing email MUST immediately create an interest, just like your website, blog posts.
When using emails as a marketing tool you only have between 5 to 8 seconds to contact a prospective customer before they hit the delete key!
Getting Your Marketing Emails Right Is Worth The Extra Effort
Email marketing should now be an important component of any marketing budget.
- 82% of B2B (business-to-business) and B2C (business-to-consumer) companies use email marketing. (Source: Campaign Monitor)
- Email marketing gives about 4400% return on investment. That is $44 for every $1 spent.
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than social media. (source: McKinzey)
- Email marketing can provide prompt feedback information of its effectiveness.
- 57 % of email subscribers spend 10-60 minutes a week browsing marketing emails during a week. (Source: Choozon)
- In the US research indicates B2B companies send over 1 million marketing emails per week. (Although I cannot find figures for Australia, the trend would be similar).
So your email marketing campaigns have the potential to deliver good results! As long as they stand out from the crowd…
5 Ways to Grow Sales With Your Marketing Emails
A B2B email campaign has a lower cost than many other forms of marketing. And because most people can read their emails on their favourite mobile device (phone or tablet), you can reach more people than ever. So it is an ideal way to increase sales through:
- Following up on leads you have gained by participating in other marketing activities
- Directly promoting one of your products or services to a specific target market
- Building relationships and confidence in you, especially in cases of long sales lead times
- Keeping top-of-mind and giving past customers a reason to come back to you.
- Generating traffic to your website and sales leads
- Support a launch or promotion campaign. A well-structured email series is often a good way to promote free trials and free offers such as newsletters, white papers .
Effective Marketing Emails Follow 4 Simple Rules
The most important thing is to have an email that attracts the prospects attention and have them open it rather than just pressing the delete key. And that requires you to pay attention to 4 key points:
- The focus of your Content
- Your email language
- The structure of your email(s)
- Basic turn-off risks
- All prospects will look at “what’s in it for me.” So, your B2B email must optimise the content’s mix of advantages, specifications and benefits for your target prospect. B2C emails should always emphasise the benefits of the product and service. Highlighting functional benefits may not be as necessary in B2B emails but should also be included. And an emotional value is mandatory.
- People generally purchase from people they trust. In an email, you can partially achieve this by using appropriate language. You must also alleviate possible concerns a prospect may have. This may include offering guarantees, providing an experts endorsement, third party endorsements and testimonials.
- It is important to make sure an email has a structure that provides the opportunity for obtaining the desired response. The ideal structure is simply having great subject and headlines followed by the body that reinforces the objective and finishing with a call to action.
- As a large number of prospects use a mobile device to check emails it is important that the email does not include many turn offs. Turn offs include the text or images being too small to read or to interact with.
If you think that this is too obvious, let me assure you that many marketing emails fail the 5-8 seconds test on one or more of these 4 simple points.
The good news is that it is easy to fix your copywriting and lift the impact of your marketing emails.
Start Increasing Your Sales Through Effective B2B Emails
Would you, or any one you know, benefit from increasing sales through an effective b2b email campaign?
A campaign backed by broad business experience, teamwork with you and your marketing adviser, and the efficiency of doing everything for your project via the Internet.
New Year special offer: I won’t charge anything for my first 3 assignments, in exchange for glowing testimonials, if you, or your client, are completely satisfied with my work.
This offer will not last forever. Start planning your email campaign now. Email me today to discuss your (or your client’s) objectives, and frustrations with past marketing emails. I can be your virtual external resource wherever you are in Australia, as soon as you are ready.